Adult Music Teams
Even during the pandemic, there are many ways to share your musical talents to praise God through music at WCUMC. If you would like to join any of our music ministry groups please contact Dr. Randy Price.
8:15am worship service | chapel (this service has temporarily been combined with our 10:45 Traditional service)
This informal traditional service has an intimate, small church feel. Held in the chapel, the music is led by musicians and a choir.
- Sunrise Choir - (not currently singing due to Covid) this group sings for the 8:15 service in the chapel and sings mostly gospel and familiar hymns. They rehearse Sundays at 7:45 am in the chapel just before worship begins. We welcome anyone to join.
9:15am worship service | sanctuary
The contemporary service is a praise and worship experience, led by a praise band and praise team.
- Praise Team - (Not currently singing due to Covid) We have a vibrant praise team that provides vocal performances and lead our music during the 9:15am contemporary worship service. This team is always looking for new vocalists! We welcome anyone who is at least 16 years of age and enjoys singing! No audition required. Must be able to meet for Tuesday evening rehearsals at 6:15p in the choir room, and sound checks in the Sanctuary on Sunday mornings at 8:30a.
- Praise Band - Our 9:15 contemporary service also has a great group of musicians that make up our praise team band. They rehearse each Wednesday at 7:00 pm. We are also always looking for more talented instrumentalists to join the team including those who play drums, keyboard, electric & acoustic guitars. Band members need to be able to read chord charts and prior band/performing experience is a plus.
10:55 Connect worship service | fellowship hall (Will be starting up again soon - stay tuned!)
The Connect service is an authentic worship experience where you can CONNECT to God, others and those in need. This worship service features a wide variety of musical styles, led by a praise band. There are frequent opportunities to do hands-on service work as part of the worship experience.
- Connect Band - Our Connect Band rehearses on Wednesday evening and prepares a wide variety of contemporary styles. This band leads worship at our 10:55am Connect service on Sunday mornings.
10:45am worship service | sanctuary
Set in the sanctuary, the liturgical traditional service is our most formal service. There is a robed choir along with the organist and pianist who lead the music. Our pastors are robed for this service.
- Chancel Choir - (not currently singing due to covid) this group sings on Sundays during the 10:45 worship service and sings a wide variety of music from classic traditional hymns to Southern Gospel to newly composed sacred pieces. They rehearse Wednesdays at 7pm (mid-August thru May) in the music suite (B-114). We welcome anyone to join.
- Chancel Ringers - this handbell group plays in worship services as well as special events throughout the year. They rehearse on Wednesdays at 6pm (September thru May) in the sanctuary choir loft. All welcome to join.
- Joyful Notes Choir - (not currently meeting due to Covid) this is an outreach choir that sings at local care facilities once a month and leads the 11:00 worship service once a month. They rehearse on Thursdays at 10 am in the music suite (B-114). We welcome anyone to join.