There are a number of ways to become a member of Williamson's Chapel United Methodist Church:
- If you have never been baptized, you will prepare for baptism prior to joining
(click HERE to read more about baptism)
- If you were baptized as an infant or young child and have not made a profession of faith and been confirmed, then you will prepare to reaffirm your baptism when you take the membership vows.
- If you are a member of another part of the church (such as Baptist, Presbyterian or Lutheran), then you can transfer your membership from that church to a local United Methodist Church. You may do so by contacting our church office and providing the name and address of your former church and the church office will request the transfer of membership.
- If you are a member of another Christian church that does not transfer membership, you can make a profession of faith and be received as a member. (www.umc.org)
• Basics of church membership
• Different ways to join the United Methodist Church
• A short course in United Methodism
• Intro to the mission & vision of Williamson's Chapel
• Reflection on the vows of church membership
• Two key questions those considering church membership should ask themselves
Celebrating the sacrament of baptism is always a special day in the life of the church. If you are here seeking information on baptism for yourself or for your child, we celebrate that decision with you and are happy to share this information so that you can better understand this holy sacrament and how we administer baptism at Williamson's Chapel.
As a United Methodist Church, we baptize the infant children of parents who are members of our church. We will also gladly have conversation with any family who has older children who are seeking baptism. Adult believer baptisms are especially celebrated in the life of the church as adults come to profess their faith in Christ for the first time. We use all forms of baptism from "sprinkling" to "pouring" to "immersion."
If you are seeking baptism for yourself or your child, please notify Susan Taylor of your interest. Susan will set up a meeting with our pastoral staff to talk about our understanding of baptism in the United Methodist Church. Susan will assist in scheduling a baptism after your meeting with a pastor.
Interested in joining Williamson's Chapel or want to learn more about being a Methodist? Consider this your personal invitation to join Pastors Toni Ruth and Wes for Pizza with the Pastor, a time of fellowship, food, and conversation about becoming a member of our church. Attendance does not obligate you to join. If you have any questions or want more information, don't hesitate to contact Susan Taylor (email@example.com).